Sunday, 11 May 2014

Cram Bag

Today, I have bought a new bag. 

I am not a fashionable bag and shoes kind of a girl. I own one main handbag; it's purple with plaited shoulder straps and it is perfect for my general needs. I own a couple of smaller cross-body bags that are useful for going out or short outings when I want my hands-free and don't have much to carry. 

While I don't care much for new season clutches or holdalls, I am always interested to know what people have inside their bags, their rooms, their houses, their minds... I like the kind of entries that give an insight into personality that you may not otherwise see, although as remarked on  recent posts; I do not understand how some people's bags can be so tidy?

A few years back, I did the "what's in my bag" thing; and this is what it revealed:



And my bag, of now, three years later. I am a reformed, matured character and now, of course, I only carry the bare essentials:



Welcome to my life, via the medium of my bag. This is not necessarily what I cart around on a daily basis, but just a snapshot of today's load. To be honest, the contents surprised me somewhat, too, but there was no point in carrying out a clear-out before spilling it to the internet. To display this is to confess: I am mostly messy and not proud of it. I'm sure it tells personality beyond that, though. A responsible dog-owner; an obsessive nail-painter; someone who is serious about about oral hygiene and enjoys a decent cup of tea (or, I have travelled recently). Spot anything else that tells you more?

I am not a fashionable bag and shoes kind of girl. 

Flitterbox: Stereophonics ~ Handbags and Gladrags

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, my work bag is basically this. Crammed with pens, board markers, random scraps of paper, bits of homework kids have handed to me, about 4 different lip balms, copious receipts. In the same way that my desk at school is a mess and my house is tidy, my 'me' bag is very streamlined and never has junk in it. I'm really not sure what this says about my professional life, if that's where the chaos is!

    ReplyDelete

I like to have my cake and read it too: