It was obvious that Summer was on its heels at the mere mention of September. The end of August is a sign that the sun should retreat behind its cosy cloud haven and leave Britain with only memories of jolly sunnidays.
However, the end of the summer brings more than the end of sun. The start of school, the return to studentville, of living in the bizarre little world where all is incomprehensible before it occurs, normal as it happens, but odd to reminisce upon. I wouldn't want to miss out on being a student, it has provided me with many experiences that I'll never forget; opportunities I'll never regret.
University, for lots of people, is more about the overall learning experience than the academic one. Never again will we be so carefree in everything we do. There are so many things you can get away with as a student that just wouldn't be acceptable in The Real World. Yes, many students have it relatively easy compared to much of society and while there's been a lot of fun, there's been a lot worse than that, too.
September is a time for a fresh start, the beginning of this month has been unofficial New Year for as long as I recall. The start to a new school semester calls for a rethink of habits, a reassesment of behaviour, and a resolved mindset to follow through into the next academic year. Currently, I am feeling more positive about the beginning of term than I have done for a long time.
I just hope this attitude can last through the rainy days.
On the jukebox: Jack Johnson ~ Do You Remember
I miss student life.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, enjoy it whilst you can. However, don't be despondant when it comes to leaving. There'll be new opportunities. Every term, every change of direction - indeed every day - is a new adventure, a new opportunity.
You've found your peace, it seems. :o) xx
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling positive about the start of school. It does have its ups and downs like anything else, so enjoy the ups :D
ReplyDeleteAnd also glad you're back online! I was wondering when you'd be by to geek out over Joseph, haha. I was so looking forward to your reaction cause I knew you love it too :) It WAS great. And how weird you'd been the week before! To the Adelphi? To see Joseph? Ker-azy.
--Amber